This week we continue discussing the examples of recursion, which is an amazing and efficient way to solve problem. For example, we can use it to find the depth of a list with several codes and if using the normal way instead using recursion, it will be very annoying due to the 'huge' work. The turtle recursion that is discussed during class is also an example. After tracing the code in the example, my friend and I find we can hardly write the code without recursion, however, the way to write codes such like this takes some time to think about...maybe exercises help a lot.
Now move on to the assignment 1. I nearly finish it although at the beginning I find it really difficult and hard to understand the meaning of it. The fact is, we should try to read and understand the meaning of each function and each module that are provided. At first I think it is ridiculous that the headers are worth 50% percent of the total mark. But later on, it is proved that the headers are quite important and if you can write down all the correct headers, it means you understand nearly 80% of the assignment 1. I am trying my best to finish the last step as soon as possible and discuss the best solution with my partner as well as the bonus question.
- Flora
No comments:
Post a Comment